Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pre-School!

Oscar started pre-school on Monday and he loves it! I'm really happy - I hadn't originally got a place at the school I wanted but they rang last week while we were on holiday and now Oz is happily esconced at the Limelight Pre-school. My neighbours son James goes there so Oz has a friend already. He loves it - lots of brilliant toys, books, computers.....happy happy days.

I feel a bit guilty though - we paid for Oz's nursery with tax free vouchers from Rob's work - when we tried to cancel them, we were told they have to be used for a year minimum - so until December Oz is still at nursery 3 sessions a week. So on Tues, Weds and Thurs afternoon he goes to nursery. I collect him from pre-school at 11.45, come home for lunch, a little play and then I bundle him off again! I'm determined to make a big fuss of him tomorrow afternoon. I feel like a part timer! Though I still have Toby 24/7.

Toby's sleep has got even better - he now goes 7.30 till 6.30 - no more 5am wake ups. He's got a horrible cough which is waking him in the night but he seems to settle back down without crying. I'm still awake listening though...

I'm going to try and be a better housekeeper now I've got more Oz-free time - the house is like a pigsty/bombsite. I'm even going to cook hotpot for the first time ever this afternoon. I AM delia. Or am I - I'll let you know......

I will resist the temptation to surf the internet all afternoon, no facebook, no blogging.....I will be a good wifey. Rob is working tonight. And Monday night. And then is going to Texas on Tuesday for the week. Not looking forward to it. At least Toby goes down a lot easier now - I think I'm going to put him to bed, then do Oz - again more time for Oscar and mummy on their own. After watching supernanny last night I need to make sure we have fun together.

I wish I could stay up later and watch Heroes on BBC3 - I watched it on BBC2 last night and I'm so gripped - it's the first series I've watched since the kids really - I insist on Wednesday night as telly night (I don't usually watch it other nights anymore - I used to be such a telly addict but now I'd rather read in peace and sleep!). Supernanny followed by Heroes. Last night there were the next 2 episodes on BBC3 straight after but I was good and went to bed.....thank god really since Toby was coughing all night.

Taught Tippee Toes this morning. There's now enough for a regular Thursday class which is fab. So any Mums out there who are reading this from my magazine column, and are at a loose end on a Thursday morning, go check this out - I teach the bots class on a Thursday (plug plug plug)

Ok I'm waffling now. Trying to avoid hanging the washing out and dusting I suppose........

2 comments:

zoe xx said...

I absolutely demand that you do not feel guilty about Oz going to nursery three full days. Dammit woman, you need that time!!! He will love it, it keeps some continuity whilst he eases into pre-school and it means that you will be better equipped to give him and Toby quality time individually! It's only until Christmas after all.

Glad to hear that the Tobester is sleeping so much better, and you definitely sound better too.

Anonymous said...

Ooh pre-school that's exciting! I think I'm one of the few mothers who is looking forward to her kid starting school as I'm hoping she'll enjoy it as much as I did :)
Sounds like life is beginning to settle down for you. It's amazing isn't it how a whole family's life can become goverened by the slep paterns of the youngest...I couldn't beleive the differance when Jove FINALLY slept through!