Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hanging in there!

I'm coping ok without other half! Having Oz at preschool AND nursery Tue-Thurs is certainly helping! Mum has been here the last two nights helping put them to bed, and tonight I did it on my own again, no problem.

Toby had his first Pizza today! I'm such a bad mother....cheese and tomato thin crust pizza from Tesco - the adult size....Oz was having it for lunch and Toby was practically throwing himself out of his chair trying to reach it. I gave him a little piece thinking he'd gum it a bit and not be interested.....

(sorry that's the wrong way round...it's off my phone and I can't work out how to turn it - it's only 20 seconds so you won't get a crick in your neck!)



He LOVED it. Ate 3 slices - 3 small slices but of an adult size pizza!!! He's also addicted to toast and Marmite at the moment. I know I should give him healthier finger food - I'm such a bad mother!
I'm surviving though. Mornings are the hardest. And the weekend will be tough. Watch this space....

Stole this from Clare - I feel awful cos I've never read it! Think I'll be checking it out of the library....






You're A Prayer for Owen Meany!

by John Irving

Despite humble and perhaps literally small beginnings, you inspire
faith in almost everyone you know. You are an agent of higher powers, and you manifest
this fact in mysterious and loud ways. A sense of destiny pervades your every waking
moment, and you prepare with great detail for destiny fulfilled. When you speak, IT
SOUNDS LIKE THIS!



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.


5 comments:

Kirsti said...

I have the cutest nephews in the world. Love those photos of Tobes - thank you so so much. And it certainly looks like he's loving the pizza too.

Look forward to hearing how you enjoy Owen Meaney. I got Watership Down - guess I prefer rabbits to armadillos...

Oh, and your Brian Froud book will be with you in under 5 days.

So long, farewell! said...

Toby is looking like such a little boy now hun rather than a baby face! Just gorge.

xxx

Anonymous said...

Toby really is starting to look like Oscar! it's that cheeky smile! PFOM - a fabulous book - life changing... quick get down to your library!! lots Ux

Clare Griffiths said...

Oh, I wish I was that book. It is one of my all time faves. You *must* read it.

Anonymous said...

If I was on my own for a week with my kid, she'd be lucky to eat anything aside from pizza, take-out Chinese and frozen burritos! Desperate times, desperate measures.

Toby's just the cutest!

I also wish I was "A Prayer for Owen Meany". I'm "Watership Down". That book and movie creeped me out in a big way when I was a kid.