Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Kicking my own arse....

cos I haven't blogged for ever! Facebook microblogging is partly to blame but also a resurrection of Sims 2 - I dug it out of the back of the cupboard to see if it was worth buying Sims 3 - I know - that doesn't really make sense - but I figured I should see if I was going to have any time to play it. So I've been playing 2 like a demon. I made a "Simwards" family (I'm so egotistical) and did replica me and Rob - we bred and now have 2 daughters called Abigail and Tabitha. In the marvellous world of Sims I control EVERYTHING and I quite like it. Therefore I have 2 perfect A+ students and unlimited money and live in a mansion.

I wish it was real!

Well I don't really. But anyway. Today I got my usual nudge from the NCT Broodsheet editor asking me for another column. Always nice! It made me write and it made me realise how long it was since I wrote anything apart from a status update.

So here I am!

News....I got a job. Well a temporary that might become permanent job. The local community centre runs singing classes but their main teacher is ill - long term - so they need cover. And I'm it! I get to plan my own lessons - 45 minutes twice a week - and it's great. I love the centre - Oscar went to preschool there and Toby has been to playgroups and things so I know the staff really well. I had 22 kids in my class today so it's popular too. They're getting used to me- I teach a very different class to the previous teacher - she was sitting the whole time and sang along to CDs whereas I'm either acapella or use an instrumental track and do a movement section and an instrument section.

I was seriously over-heated today though. After doing Mulberry bush and Hokey Cokey I looked like I'd been in a shower - totally soaked in sweat! The kids liked it though and I'm getting great feedback. I should be there all summer and then they'll re-evaluate the position after that. Toby should be starting at the preschool there in September so it would be perfect.

I'm hoping to start doing some admin for my friend's company too soon so that will be two little part time jobs. I'm very happy about that.

What else...Rob's back is a lot better - he started cycling again this week which is a relief as I was chief Chauffeur which was a pain.

Had my first Governors meeting just after I got back from the States. One thing made me chuckle inwardly - for some reason I imagined they'd all be older than me - really old and grey and wearing dark suits and sat round a table. And that I'd be the young one/ Of course they're all the same or similar ages to me - the Chair is probably younger than me. Rob reminded me that I AM actually a grown up...I do forget sometimes....

Mum is in South Africa - Cape Town - to get her toes operated on. I've joked that she'll come back looking like Jordan with fake tits and a facelift....I do miss her already though and she's only been gone since Saturday.

I'm still feeling the benefits of my week off. Though I have been longing to go back! It was such a great week - so many wonderful friends, food, experiences and cocktails! Toby's behaviour is getting a lot better - he's very clingy since I got back and his speech is coming along in leaps and bounds. He's sitting next to me here demanding Kerwhizz on the computer and then saying his favourite phrase "I don' like it " but shouting NO! if I try and put something else on! Crazy over-heated child. Oh now it's changed to Poetry Pie (again). No...Kerwhizz....ah how fickle can a 2 year old be.

Michael Jackson - suppose I'd better mention him since there is apparently no other news of note this week - I had bought tickets if you remember, then sold them for double the price on Ebay. I've since spent the double bit in America. So I have the dilemma of the refund for my buyer. I want to refund him but I can only refund him the price I paid for the tickets - the price I'll (hopefully) get back from Ticketmaster. Legally I don't have to give him anything since he isn't really protected but I want to do the right thing....karma and all.....supposedly there's an option to not get the refund and get the tickets as a souvenir/memorabilia - hopefully he'll take that option and then maybe he can sell THEM on Ebay himself and make all his money back! That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

What else....can't think. It's a heatwave here in London - 30 today (don't ask me what that is in American, I can't work it out). I'm quite proud of the fact that despite having glow in the dark pale skin, neither of my boys has got sunburn yet. Yay me and sunblock.

Right I'm off to babysit now for my friend Liz who is going to see Kings of Leon - she's so hip. Glad I got a post in...will try and post again before August!

3 comments:

Tequilamonkey said...

Yay! Hello ;)
Congrats on the job!!! I really must get myself out there doing some work. DS starts nursery in Sept and then I'll be freeeee hehe! I wish we lived closer cause then I'd send my kids to you for singing lessons. I bet you're brilliant and the kids love you :)

Funnily enough I just recently cracked out the old Sims 2 again too. Really desperate for Sim 3 now but not sure I'll ever have a machine that can run it!

Hope the boys stay beautifully pale with no burning in sight. Thanks for the catch up xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you posting hon! You clever thing getting not one but two jobs - good luck to you hon. The singing class sounds like such a lot of fun. If you're getting great feedback then fingers crossed that it means they choose to give it to you permanently come September. Bobbie xxxx

Anonymous said...

Blog more hun! We miss you! Mox x