Thursday, March 20, 2008

Catch up....

A

Again - no time for blogging.....where does it go? Sitting here thinking, I can't work out why I haven't.....I meant to blog last night but then decided to read the Mills/McCartney judgement because I am a nosey cow - and that sucked an hour of my life....

So - what have I been up to - things are ticking along here - Toby STILL isn't walking although he's taken a few steps. He's much faster on his hands and knees. And he's climbing anything and everything. Stairs are his favourite so if we go somewhere without a stairgate I'm constantly chasing him up and down.

Best thing recently? Last weekend we took a trip to Manchester to see the beautiful Zoe
and her family. I didn't realise though how far away Manchester is!! My only excuse is that I lived abroad a lot when I was younger and have never quite got my head around where major places in the UK are. I thought it was just near Birmingham. Didn't realise it was next to Liverpool! 6 hours drive! But totally worth it.

Had a lovely time - Zoe is the best hostess and her 2 boys....angels. Totally wonderful.
Here are the two littlies - Ted and Toby - new best mates.
Oscar fell in love with Alfie who is 6. Alfie was like the big brother he'll never have! They had a blast.
And the best thing? Zoe gave me a 2 minute makeover - showed me how easy it was to put a small amount of makeup on and make a huge difference to my self-esteem. I never wear makeup - but now I'm going to make an effort - make ME feel like ME again. And she gave me a whole load of tops that are too big for her - fitted tops - I tend to hide in baggy clothes....and I've been wearing them Zoe! And the makeup and have been getting some lovely flattering comments. And I'm walking a bit taller and feeling a lot better. A priceless gift from a wonderful friend. I'm so lucky.

In other news - we seem to be permanently broke - my shopping bill seems so much more expensive - petrol is insane...where does it all go? Thanks to Zoe I feel like I've got a new wardrobe now! But still....

I am fighting my craving for easter eggs. I want chocolate!!! Missed WW last week as I was at a work thing so have no idea how I'm doing....it's hard! I so want to stuff my face with crap....

Going on an Easter Egg hunt this afternoon - an NCT event - the weather looks horrendous but Oz is really looking forward to it. I'm hoping it won't last too long!

Hope you all have happy easters - eat an egg for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh enjoy the Easter egg hunt, we're going to one on Sat.

Sorry you're broke, but hey at least you guys are healthy at the mo...touching wood frantically!

Yay for good friends and good times :D

So long, farewell! said...

Hope you had a nice time last night and are feeling glam and lovely. I think you should share a pic of you in your new togs and new perked up styleee :o)

xxx

PS the word veri is ffurcc, lol