Sunday, December 02, 2007

Last night....

...for the first time in about 9 years I think, I got rather drunk! My friend Joyce came to stay over and plied me with wine - we drank a bottle and a half between us which isn't too excessive - but since I hardly ever drink, it made me very giggly.

It was fab though. I really felt like Sal again, not mum or domestic servant. The last few weeks with all the illness and stress have taken their toll. A mum I haven't seen for ages bumped into me in the park on Saturday and said I was looking "frazzled".....But even though I'm very tired (stayed up till midnight which considering I'm usually in bed and asleep by 10 felt very naughty), it was totally worth it. Had lovely chat - caught up with mutual friend gossip, put the world to rights, talked about all sorts.

And this morning she looked after the boys for an hour to let me sleep in and then went to a soft play place and clambered all over the place with Oz - she doesn't have children so it was a surreal new experience for her - the indoor play centre on a wet Sunday (packed to the hilt).

Hoorah for old friends. Can't wait to go to bed early tonight though!!!!

One other thing. My friend Moxie's beautiful daughter Roxabella is in a competition to be a super smiler for Huggies. She needs people to vote for her so if you have a second please go here and vote. She's third row down, first pic along in a pumpkin suit. She's gorgeous and Toby's future wife.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted.

Your mum

So long, farewell! said...

Glad you had a lovely time with Joycey. How is she doing? Hope all is well.

Thanks for plugging Roxie's comp too - fingers crossed she will win :o)

I have pg insomnia... if getting woken up by the bloomin dog at 3.30 counts... grrr... wanna go back to sleep :o)

x

Robin said...

So glad you got to have a fun night! You deserve lots of them. :)